In the immortal words of George R.R. Martin, winter is coming. Of course, you have a list of things to do as the weather cools – yard work, house cleaning, and holiday preparations. In the middle of all of that, take a few minutes to think about your furnace. If you don’t stop to think about it now, you might regret it on really cold days!
- Clean and dust. Use a vacuum or damp cloth to remove dust from the furnace base, fan blades, and vents.
- Check the for other signs of wear or unusual noises.
- Change the filter. This will help keep the air clean and help you and your family breathe easy.
- If you don’t have one already, get a programmable thermostat. By keeping the temperature low when you’re not at home, you can reduce heating costs. In addition, this will reduce wear and tear on your furnace. If you do have a programmable thermostat, make sure you update the programmed temperatures as the seasons change.
- Finally, schedule an annual furnace service and inspection. According to Fox Business, all furnace manufacturers recommend annual inspections and maintenance by a qualified technician. Having this annual maintenance performed will extend the life of your furnace, protect against costly emergency repairs, and also help ensure your house will be warm and toasty all winter long.
To schedule your annual inspection or if you have any questions, contact us today!