Not all HVAC contractors are equally professional. Some may not be very punctual or professional. They may take a longer time than they specified to complete the job. Or they might repair your HVAC system only to have it break down a few months down the line. This can be very frustrating for someone who owns a home. Keeping your HVAC system functioning well is important for you to be comfortable. So it’s good to have a reliable HVAC contractor on hand for all your heating, ventilation and air conditioning needs. Here are some signs that you need to find a new HVAC contractor:
- Your HVAC system is constantly breaking down. If you need to keep calling your contractor every few months for repair, that means that they’re not doing a good job diagnosing the problem in the first place. So maybe you should get a second opinion from someone more reliable.
- Your HVAC contractor doesn’t show up on time. When you call your HVAC guy, they say they’ll be there the next morning to inspect your HVAC system. But they don’t show up until evening. Or maybe they take your AC away and say they’ll bring it back in two days but they take five instead. Wouldn’t it be better if you were working with someone who didn’t make you wait around so much?
- Your HVAC contractor doesn’t bother to inspect the HVAC system. Your HVAC contractor turns on the AC/heating and then, without bothering to inspect it, they tell you what’s wrong and how much it will cost to fix it. But how do they know what the problem is if they don’t inspect it?
- Repairs are costing more than installation. Have you sent your AC for repair several times already? Maybe you’ve already spent half as much in repairing it as you did in installing it. It’s possible that the weather conditions are such that your AC/heating needs constant repair. This happens with a lot of people who live in a humid place. But it’s also possible that your HVAC contractor is not doing a good job.
- Your HVAC contractor sounds confused. Did they give you one diagnosis of the problem at first and another two days later? If they sound confused, it might be better to get an opinion from another, more reliable HVAC contractor.
Contact us at Tri County Air Care if you’re looking for a reliable HVAC contractor to install, repair or service your HVAC system.